Re: [jslint] arguments

  • Mike West
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
      On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote:
      > JSLint now warns about arguments.callee and arguments.caller. These will not be available
      > in future editions of the language, so it is best to start avoiding them now.

      I don't foresee browser makers removing the functionality, especially
      given it's prevalence in libraries that emulate some form of classical
      inheritance (run a quick grep through closure and yui3, for instance).

      I'd suggest making this change optional, which would allow me to
      disable the test for the single file in which I use `callee`/`caller`,
      and throw warnings for any other inadvertent uses.

      -Mike
    • douglas@crockford.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
        ES5/Strict requires browsers to disable callee and caller. Future editions will be based on ES5/Strict.