Re: [jslint] Re: body tag

  • Paul de Jong
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
      The issue with onload is that it is not ondomload, so if any file
      being downloaded takes too long the script does not fire and the user
      could be interacting even before the script loads.

      The two main reasons for me asking the question here are: 1) I just
      read "JavaScript: The Good Parts, Douglas Crockford, O'Reilly" and
      think it is the best JavaScript book I have ever read. It does avoid
      DOM issues entirely though, and I was hoping to get an informed
      opinion on this topic. I work on image heavy sites and onload is not
      an option. 2) I used JSLint and it told me that putting the script tag
      below the body was bad and I was wondering why. I was wondering if it
      was just a convention to put the script tag(s) in the head and body or
      if it was an actual rule.

      I will make a suggestion for the HTML 5 group. I think a footer block
      that was guaranteed to run just after the DOM is fully loaded would be
      great.

      Thank you for your responses!