Re: HTML tag

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2010
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "stephaneenst" <stephane.thomas@...> wrote:

      > hi, I am using JSLint a lot to check Ce-HTML code and this standard requires every page to begin with the tag <?xml .... >. This is quite annoying because JSLint can't analyze this tag and stop its analyze right after it. I found a workaround by deleting this tag just for the analyze but it could be very useful to add this tag to the ones that are understood by the tool. It could allow JSLint to analyze CE-HTML pages without modifying anything to the code and thus being very handy.
      >
      > Do you think it could be possible as it should not requires too much time to implement?

      JSLint recognizes HTML. I have no interest in also recognizing XML.
    • stephaneenst
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2010

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "stephaneenst" <stephane.thomas@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hi, I am using JSLint a lot to check Ce-HTML code and this standard requires every page to begin with the tag <?xml .... >. This is quite annoying because JSLint can't analyze this tag and stop its analyze right after it. I found a workaround by deleting this tag just for the analyze but it could be very useful to add this tag to the ones that are understood by the tool. It could allow JSLint to analyze CE-HTML pages without modifying anything to the code and thus being very handy.
        > >
        > > Do you think it could be possible as it should not requires too much time to implement?
        >

        > JSLint recognizes HTML. I have no interest in also recognizing XML.

        It has been originally defined as xml but is now part of some HTML standard such as CE-HTML. This tag is widely used now such as <!-- which is originally an xml tag as well. And as far as I know <!-- is well understood by JSLInt.