HTML and CSS test suite

  • stephaneenst
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2010
      Hi, I am using JSLint a lot and I discovered recently that JSLint can analyze HTML and CSS files too. I am wondering if there is any test suite created with the JSLint tools itself to be sure that the tools is doing the "lint" properly . This test suite could also be usefull to point every regression during the development of new features. I know that HTML tidy has its own test suite so JSLint does have its own ? or is it in progress?
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "stephaneenst" <stephane.thomas@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am using JSLint a lot and I discovered recently that JSLint can analyze HTML and CSS files too. I am wondering if there is any test suite created with the JSLint tools itself to be sure that the tools is doing the "lint" properly . This test suite could also be usefull to point every regression during the development of new features. I know that HTML tidy has its own test suite so JSLint does have its own ? or is it in progress?

        The web standards and their implementations are much too crappy for dependence on test suites. So I depend on something vastly more reliable: The users of JSLint. If there is a useful form that JSLint is not accepting, or if there is a problematic form that JSLint is accepting, then I am quickly notified of that fact, and I am grateful for the notifications.

        Particularly in the case of CSS, as originally specified it was unimplementable, so every browser implements its own extended subset. This is the worst possible thing from a portability perspective, but it is what it is. I think attempting to model such a situation with a test suite would be pointless. So instead, the evolution of JSLint is being informed by what developers are usefully able to do.