[jslint] Re: catch (e) ... 'e' is already defined !?!

  • Alexandre Morgaut
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2010
      Hi Jean-Charles,

      You are perfectly right when you say that there is no specific scope in conditional blocks

      I know so far 4 kind of scopes in JavaScript:
      - the global scope
      - the function scope
      - the with scope
      - & the catch scope

      "with" creates a specific scope in which all properties of an object are directly accessible... It highly discouraged to use it...

      the "catch" block requires an "identifier" set as a parameter for a function, create an object in matching to this exception "identifier" and remove it at the and of the catch block

      Maybe Douglas would have explained it another way but the idea is there

      So my surprise was to see that some User-Agent didn't implement this ECMAScript specificity as expected when ECMAScript level 3 exists from so far away

      So please Microsoft.. update JScript... Do IE8 and IE9 behave that quirky way too ?