global strict mode

  • Mark Volkmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2010
      Even though it's not supported yet, I'd still like to understand
      something about how this is supposed to work. I understand I can
      include "use strict"; in a function so only that function is evaluated
      in that mode. I'm unsure though what happens when that appears at the
      top of a source file. Does it only affect that source file or does it
      also effect other source files that are parsed after the current one?

      --
      R. Mark Volkmann
      Object Computing, Inc.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:

        > Even though it's not supported yet, I'd still like to understand
        > something about how this is supposed to work. I understand I can
        > include "use strict"; in a function so only that function is evaluated
        > in that mode. I'm unsure though what happens when that appears at the
        > top of a source file. Does it only affect that source file or does it
        > also effect other source files that are parsed after the current one?

        It affects the whole file, and only the file. Strict functions can interact with sloppy functions.