Re: [jslint] jslint in cli without WSH and Rhino

  • Frederik Dohr
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
      > I found easy way to run JSLint from cli using smjs tool from
      > spidermonkey package and small code

      FWIW, a while back I wrote a simple Python wrapper to invoke JSLint:
      http://pypi.python.org/pypi/jslint

      The main advantage, to me, is that it provides a report using standard
      error format, so it can easily be used it within editors like Vim.

      -- F.
    • roltar@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
        Interesting. Standard format is very good, but I don't like extra dependence (Python).
      • Arthur Blake
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
          You could use NodeJS. Should be a lot faster too.

          http://github.com/reid/node-jslint

          On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:00 AM, roltar@... <mr.roltar@...>wrote:

          > Interesting. Standard format is very good, but I don't like extra
          > dependence (Python).

        • Dominic Mitchell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
            On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM, roltar@... <mr.roltar@...>wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I thought it can be intresting
            > for those who don't have WSH (for example, I have Linux - there is no WSH)
            > and do not want to install Java and Rhino, but want to use jslint in
            > console.
            >
            > There is Perl module jslint, which have jslint cli version, wrapped in
            > perl and using spidermonkey library. However, this module consist
            > outdated version of JSLint library and seems broken.

            Sorry about that. It's my
            module<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ehdm/JavaScript-JSLint-0.06/>,
            and I haven't figured out why it's breaking so badly. I must come back and
            pick it up again sometime.

            In the meantime, there is also
            jslint4java<http://code.google.com/p/jslint4java/>,
            which comes with a command line version.

            -Dom