Re: [jslint] Does JSLint parse DOM functions?

  • Aseem Kishore
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
      > 2) There exists no such thing, at least in accordance with standards, as
      document.documentElement. Instead try
      document.getElementById("theIDvaluehere").innerHTML = "your string to output
      here";

      ???

      It's part of DOM Level 2.

      https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/document.documentElement

      <https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/document.documentElement>Aseem

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "paulur10" <paulur@...> wrote:

        > I tried to use the parse() function of JSLint to parse the following three pieces of JavaScript code:
        > 1. function(b, c){var a = b + c; return a; }
        > 2. window.addEventListener('click', click_hanlder, true);
        > 3. document.documentElement.innerHTML;
        >
        > The outputs are the following:
        > 1. returns a correct tree.
        > 2. returns a tree with only one node of "window".
        > 3. crashes the browser.
        >
        > I'm wondering whether JSLint doesn't support DOM function.

        JSLint's parse function was not intended to be used out of context, and it does not produce complete parse trees. You would do better to start with javascript.crockford.com/tdop/
      • pauanyu
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
          1) The "window" object is usually implemented as the DOM defaultView:

          https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM:document.defaultView

          In addition, although the "window" object itself may not be codified in the spec, it implements the EventTarget interface, and the addEventListener method IS part of the DOM spec.

          2) document.documentElement is a part of the DOM Core Level 2, as Aseem Kishore pointed out.