Re:JSLINT message internationalisation

  • Marc Draco
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2010
      I'm new here (but a old hand with JSLint -which I consider an excellent
      teaching aid for Javascript; and a must if you want your code to run on
      Internet Explorer)

      In regards to Dino's suggestion for standard errors, I concur - but it
      might help if the error also contained a succinct example of why it's
      bad and how to avoid it. Perhaps a link to a separate area of the
      website with each one documented. In his example:

      JSL0019: The body of a for in should be wrapped in an if statement

      I had just had this a few days hence when using a FOR IN to iterate over
      an array: a bad thing to do, but the code evolved that way. Thanks to
      JSLint it's now history and (also thanks to JSLint) I now program all my
      JS code as a single global object under the current namespace so I
      don't pollute the place with my smeg ups.