Manipulating a canvas in an ADSAFE widget?

  • adam.kumpf
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2010
      Is it possible to manipulate and draw on a <canvas> element from within an ADSAFE widget? I can select the canvas element, and it exists in the protected ___nodes___ array (which I rightfully understand I can't access), but is there a way to call methods on it that haven't been predefined in adsafe.js?

      For example, to draw on a canvas you first get the context via element.getContext(contextType). Would ADsafe need to be extended to support such function calls? or is there a way to do it within the existing ADsafe structure?

      Sorry if this post is slightly off-topic since it is outside of (although related to) JSLint.

      Thanks,
      Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "adam.kumpf" <adam.kumpf@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to manipulate and draw on a <canvas> element from within an ADSAFE widget? I can select the canvas element, and it exists in the protected ___nodes___ array (which I rightfully understand I can't access), but is there a way to call methods on it that haven't been predefined in adsafe.js?
        >
        > For example, to draw on a canvas you first get the context via element.getContext(contextType). Would ADsafe need to be extended to support such function calls? or is there a way to do it within the existing ADsafe structure?
        >
        > Sorry if this post is slightly off-topic since it is outside of (although related to) JSLint.

        You can use the new getContext method.