mapping of precedences and dependencies

  • aceblchboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 1:29 PM
      Hi Douglas, I've got an idea here.
      I don't know if you've already considered it, but you seem to have implemented this idea to some degree with locating declared but unused variables in the code.
      But what would make lint so much more effective would be to locate objects that have been declared and used, but in no way contribute to the return(s) of the function(s).

      Such an example, where the lint issues no warning:

      function test() {
      var i, k;
      k = i + 1;
      i += 1;
      return i;
      }

      Do you have any plans for including a mapping of precedences and dependencies at the variable level, or can you recommend a tool that does this?