common issues that jslint can solve

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2010
      I'm putting together a presentation to highlight the sort of bugs that JSLint can help you avoid, I guess this focuses on obvious bugs in code caused by things like misplaced braces, but also issues that show up when combining and minifying your js files, e.g. missing semi-colons, function names or variable names that have been used before, etc.

      Can anyone think of some examples that I can include, or better yet, a webpage that already discusses this kind of thing?
    • Michael Lorton
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2010
        Wouldn't every error message in the jslint.js file suggest an example? My biggest one is extra final semicolon;.

        M.

        I'm putting together a presentation to highlight the sort of bugs that JSLint can help you avoid, I guess this focuses on obvious bugs in code caused by things like misplaced braces, but also issues that show up when combining and minifying your js files, e.g. missing semi-colons, function names or variable names that have been used before, etc.

        Can anyone think of some examples that I can include, or better yet, a webpage that already discusses this kind of thing?

      • g2223060
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2010
          One of my favorites:

          {dangling: 'commas',