Re: Error message for not defined JScript Object

  • tzvikam@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, tzvikam@ wrote:
      > > When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error
      > > messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject',
      > > 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?
      >
      > Those things are not formally a part of ECMAScript and so should not be there by default because they are a portability hazard.
      >
      > > Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?
      >
      > Can you give me a complete list?

      Well, the complete list of the non-standard objects (taken from Microsoft Help File) is:
      WScript
      CScript
      ActiveXObject
      Debug
      Enumerator
      VBArray
    • tzvikam@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010
        Thanks, I will...

        BTW, I'm using JScript as a scripting language for automatic testing on a windows machine, and not for Web programming.
        That's why I need these 'ActiveXObject' and 'WScript' objects, to connect to some special COM object.