Re: [jslint] Error message for not defined JScript Object

  • Michael Mikowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
      You might add those to a global comment, e.g, at the top of your script:

      /*global ActiveXObject Enumerator WScript CScript */

      and then jslint won't complain. That said, those all look IE specific. Have you considered using a cross-browser framework like jquery to help get what you need?

      This may also help:

      /*jslint browser: true */

      ________________________________
      When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject' , 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?

      Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?

      Best regards
      Tzvika

    • tzvikam@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, tzvikam@ wrote:
        > > When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error
        > > messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject',
        > > 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?
        >
        > Those things are not formally a part of ECMAScript and so should not be there by default because they are a portability hazard.
        >
        > > Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?
        >
        > Can you give me a complete list?

        Well, the complete list of the non-standard objects (taken from Microsoft Help File) is:
        WScript
        CScript
        ActiveXObject
        Debug
        Enumerator
        VBArray
      • tzvikam@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010
          Thanks, I will...

          BTW, I'm using JScript as a scripting language for automatic testing on a windows machine, and not for Web programming.
          That's why I need these 'ActiveXObject' and 'WScript' objects, to connect to some special COM object.