Re: Error message for not defined JScript Object

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, tzvikam@... wrote:
      > When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error
      > messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject',
      > 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?

      Those things are not formally a part of ECMAScript and so should not be there by default because they are a portability hazard.

      > Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?

      Can you give me a complete list?
    • Michael Mikowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
        You might add those to a global comment, e.g, at the top of your script:

        /*global ActiveXObject Enumerator WScript CScript */

        and then jslint won't complain. That said, those all look IE specific. Have you considered using a cross-browser framework like jquery to help get what you need?

        This may also help:

        /*jslint browser: true */

        ________________________________
        When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject' , 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?

        Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?

        Best regards
        Tzvika

      • tzvikam@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010

          > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, tzvikam@ wrote:
          > > When using the JSLint to check jscripts, why do I get an error
          > > messages for known and defined JScripts objects like 'ActiveXObject',
          > > 'Enumerator' and for the 'WScript'/'CScript' Objects ?
          >
          > Those things are not formally a part of ECMAScript and so should not be there by default because they are a portability hazard.
          >
          > > Douglas, Can you add an option that 'knows' that objects ?
          >
          > Can you give me a complete list?

          Well, the complete list of the non-standard objects (taken from Microsoft Help File) is:
          WScript
          CScript
          ActiveXObject
          Debug
          Enumerator
          VBArray
        • tzvikam@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23, 2010
            Thanks, I will...

            BTW, I'm using JScript as a scripting language for automatic testing on a windows machine, and not for Web programming.
            That's why I need these 'ActiveXObject' and 'WScript' objects, to connect to some special COM object.