rss+xml / Unexpected character '+' in type.

  • walfisch_in_the_sea
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2010
      Hi,
      checking this HTML fails because of the + in type:
      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="" href="" />
      (same with atom+xml)

      Without, the browser does not know about the feed (at least Firefox does not). Might be a weird type string, but this is how things are with HTML.

      Christian

      In full to test:

      <!doctype html>
      <head>
      <title></title>

      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="" href="" />

      </head>

      Result:

      Error:
      Problem at line 6 character 28: Unexpected character '+' in type.
      <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="" href="" />
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2010
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "walfisch_in_the_sea" <christian.wirkus@...> wrote:
        > checking this HTML fails because of the + in type:
        > <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="" href="" />

        Thanks. Please try it now.
      • walfisch_in_the_sea
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2010
          JSLint is the quickest maintained piece of software I know about.
          Thank you for that.