Namespace notation

  • martijnbeulens
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2010
      Hi everybody,

      I was wondering how to define my root namespace in "strict format"

      Normally i use the following code:

      /*global YAHOO, MYNS */
      if (!this.MYNS) {
      this.MYNS = {};
      }

      Now i did this
      /*global YAHOO, MYNS */
      "use strict";
      if (!this.MYNS) {
      this.MYNS = {};
      }

      but JSLINT gives me:
      Problem at line 2 character 6: Strict violation;

      Does anybody know what the correct way is?

      Only way i could think of is just
      /*global YAHOO, MYNS */
      var MYNS = {};
    • pauanyu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2010
        I like this syntax, personally:

        var MYNS = MYNS || {};

        You can also use an "if" for more accurate checks:

        var MYNS;
        if (!(MYNS instanceof Object)) {
        MYNS = {};
        }