Assume YUI2 and YUI3 modes

  • Satyam
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2010
      I have already defined YAHOO and YUI as accepted global variables but
      JSLint still warns me that "type is unnecessary" in <script> tags.

      I've seen the messages about this warning so I'm not going to repeat that.

      My only problem with it is that in the report it clutters the red area
      of the display and I would like this area to be completely clean if, for
      whatever reason, I want to or have to have that unnecessary attribute in
      my code. That would make sure that errors, in contrast with warnings
      such as this, can really jump out.

      YUI's dependency configurator (even the new YUI3 one), all the examples
      and users guides show those type attributes and the HTML validator
      complains if I don't put it there.

      Thus, I would like to have a YUI mode that has both YAHOO, YUI accepted
      as globals and the "type is unnecessary" dropped. JSLint can be
      configured to be tolerant of far graver errors, why not this one, and
      why not also provide an 'assume' mode to group it along YAHOO and YUI
      globals.

      Thanks

      Satyam