Re: [jslint] checking HTML

  • Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
      Mark,

      Do you mean JSLint's fragment: true option? Please describe your use case with greater specification when you refer to use at top of a HTML file.

      Austin

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
        Yes, I mean the "fragment: true" option. I was looking for a way to break a
        large .html file up into pieces that get included into a main .html file.
        For example, when using tabs from jQuery UI, it would be nice to put the
        code for each tab in a separate .html file and then include them into the
        main .html file. In that case the files being included would be HTML
        fragments since the html, head and body tags would only be needed in the
        main .html file. I had planned to stitch them together with server-side
        includes. I didn't want JSLint to complain about each of the fragment files,
        so I was looking for a way to specify "fragment: true" for the fragment
        .html files.

        I'm open to suggestions on how to best accomplish this. At that moment I
        have it working using the jQuery load function.

        --
        R. Mark Volkmann
        Object Computing, Inc.

      • Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
          If your HTML fragment contains incomplete tag pairs, such starting code in this fragment and closing the block in another fragment, JSLint will report errors. If your fragment is fully inclusive you can push your fragment through an empty HTML template to simulate a full page. Such a template example could be:

          <!-- your code here -->
        • Mark Volkmann
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2010
            Thanks! I can see that approach will work, but what's the point of the
            fragment option if you have to do that? My HTML fragments do not contain
            incomplete tag pairs. They just don't have html, head and body tags.

            --
            R. Mark Volkmann
            Object Computing, Inc.