JSlint Web service

  • dadraqsta
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      I've been running a JSlint checking Web service for a year or two over here:
      http://jslint.webvm.net/mylintrun.js

      However when I use it, I always get the last two error messages as:

      X.js:88:2:Expected an assignment or function call and instead saw an expression.
      X.js:88:6:Missing semicolon.

      Does anyone know how to work around this?

      I'm collecting other useful Web linting tools over here:
      http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/IDE

      Thank you,
    • Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
        dadraqsta,

        I show severly errors. In order to read it a bit easier I ran it through my Pretty Diff tool to first minify it to remove the comments and then beautify it make it easier to read in conformance to the JSLint whitespace rules. When I use the JSLint tool I check these options:

        Strict white space
        Assume a browser
        Assume console, alert...
        Allow one var statement
        Disallow undefined variables
        Disallow dangling _
        Disallow == and !=
        Disallow ++ and --
        Disallow bitwise operators
        Disallow insecure . and...
        Require "use strict";
        Require Initial Caps for constructors
        Require parens around immediate invocations

        If you are running JSLint from the command line then do not use the second and third option from that list.

        When I ran your code through the JSLint tool with those options checked it revealed that there a couple of undefined variables that indicates you are using an additional JS file in your tool that I do not see. You also have a named object literal where that name is an undeclared variable, and in that object you have an extraneous comma on "nomen: true,".

        I suggest you use the more strict options on the JSLint tool. Dump all your code into a single file, just for testing, and then dump that into the JSLint tool. Then you will know if something is undeclared and where all your syntax violations are. Then once your code is flawless you can break it back out into multiple files and then see if it is still reporting the same errors.

        If you want to use my tool that I mentioned earlier then you can find it using your favorite search engine.

        Austin

        > I've been running a JSlint checking Web service for a year or two
        > over here:
        > http://jslint.webvm.net/mylintrun.js
        >

        > However when I use it, I always get the last two error messages as:
        >

        > X.js:88:2:Expected an assignment or function call and instead saw
        > an expression.
        > X.js:88:6:Missing semicolon.
        >

        > Does anyone know how to work around this?
        >
        > I'm collecting other useful Web linting tools over here:
        > http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/IDE
        >
        > Thank you,

      • dadraqsta
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2010
          --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR > Strict white space

          Right, you can see the booloptions I use clearly from http://jslint.webvm.net/mylintrun.js

          > If you want to use my tool that I mentioned earlier then you can find it using your favorite search engine.

          Why not post the URL and src?