lintnode, a JSLint server for faster flymake application

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2010
      Using JSLint with emacs and flymake-mode to provide near-live code annotation with lint results has been well documented for a while over on EmacsWiki. It's super-handy, but repeatedly invoking rhino to run JSLint isn't very fast.

      Enter lintnode: JSLint in a persistent server (node.js on v8) to return lint results with only the overhead of a local HTTP request instead of interpreter start-up. On my system, this makes things roughly twice as fast.

      This should provide a nearly seamless replacement for any rhino-jslint application. (I say "nearly" because you do have to make sure the server is running before invocation.)

      Lintnode is available from http://github.com/keturn/lintnode

      The one note I have for the JSLint maintainer is that I ended up adding an exports line to fulljslint.js for compatibility with the commonjs module system. You might consider offering such a version on jslint.com.

      Thanks!