Re: jslintrb

  • smparkes@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2010
      On Jan 25, 2010, at Jan 25,7:10 AM , thefangmonster wrote:

      > Almost certainly won't run on Windows.

      > Confirmed, at least for Cygwin Ruby :\ it looks like the Johnson gem > doesn't install on windows at all yet. Too bad for me, as that rules > out deploying jslintrb at work. Looks like Win support for Johnson is > planned for the future tho.

      In theory, cygwin shouldn't be too hard. The biggest issue that I'm aware of is the build stuff. The older SpiderMonkey builds were a bit brittle with respect to the build tools. The newer ones are better, though I don't know if that goes so far as to support cygwin. We should be cutting two gem releases of Johnson soon, and then I'll work on integrating the new SpiderMonkey version from FireFox 3.6. I can at least try a cygwin build at that point ...