Re: [jslint] Re: Release notes for each edition?

  • Dominic Mitchell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2010
      A lack of release notes is why I started mirroring the jslint web site. At
      least you stand a chance of figuring out what's changed between versions, by
      looking at the diffs.

      http://github.com/happygiraffe/jslint.com-mirror

      Please don't take this as a criticism of jslint itself. It's still a
      wonderful tool.

      -Dom

      On 20 Jan 2010 21:19, "Andrew" <adjohns@...> wrote:

      Hi Harry,

      Thanks for the info. I can confirm that I've never needed to modify the
      jslint file itself either, the plugin is just a user interface that allows
      you to configure the options that JSLint has, so any new additions to JSLint
      would require a slight update to the UI part of the plugin. Everything else
      would, as you rightly point out, not require any UI changes, and would be
      simply a case of replacing the JSLint file that the UI communicates with.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Harry Whitfield <g7awz@...> wrote: > > >
      On 20 Jan 2010, at 1...

    • Ger Hobbelt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2010
        Thank you for that!

        I had a semi-manual process that does something similar for several OS
        projects that I 'track' (including jslint) and a look at a diff plus recall
        about subjects that came along on the ML is generally more than enough to
        evaluate the changes.

        I see the full-auto update script is in the repository too; add +1 happy
        customer.
        (It's just a few lines, but somehow I never bothered to write such a thing
        myself. Now that I got yours...)

        Cheers,

        Ger

        And also, naturally, a big thank you for jslint itself. It has saved my
        bacon a few times already.

        On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Dominic Mitchell <dom@...>wrote:

        > A lack of release notes is why I started mirroring the jslint web site. At
        > least you stand a chance of figuring out what's changed between versions,
        > by
        > looking at the diffs.
        >
        > http://github.com/happygiraffe/jslint.com-mirror
        >
        > Please don't take this as a criticism of jslint itself. It's still a
        > wonderful tool.
        >
        > -Dom

        Ger Hobbelt