Forbids optional arguments ?

  • osteocosmosis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
      I 'redefine' padchar in the following. Is there a workaround?
      Yes, I can copy it into another variable, but the code is actually okay
      as it is.

      String.prototype.padleft = function(finalwidth, padchar) {
      if (1 == arguments.length) {
      var padchar = ' '; // false error jslint...
      }
      var len = this.length;
      var s = this;
      return (s.length < finalwidth) ?
      (new Array(1 + finalwidth - len)).join(padchar) + s : s;
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
        --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "osteocosmosis" <fredistic@...> wrote:

        > I 'redefine' padchar in the following. Is there a workaround?
        > Yes, I can copy it into another variable, but the code is actually okay
        > as it is.
        >
        > String.prototype.padleft = function(finalwidth, padchar) {
        > if (1 == arguments.length) {
        > var padchar = ' '; // false error jslint...
        > }
        > var len = this.length;
        > var s = this;
        > return (s.length < finalwidth) ?
        > (new Array(1 + finalwidth - len)).join(padchar) + s : s;
        > };

        Do not declare a name that is already declared. In this case, simply
        delete the word 'var'.

        padchar = ' ';
      • osteocosmosis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008