Re: question about console.log statements

  • sks0001010
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2009
      Hmmm, not that I can think of off the top of my head, those 3 are the only ones that get reused repeatedly for JS debugging in the different browsers.

      In another topic, I've been trying to use JSLint to validate HTML fragments, but the templating system being used relies on having files with backend blocks in it like <% print(someValue); %>
      it would be awesome, if there was a switch for tags with different starting and ending delimeters that could be filtered out of the validation process, but I don't know whether this becomes a bit out of the scope of the software ;-)

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Simon Kenyon Shepard wrote:
      > > I was wondering whether there are any plans to bring in the option to
      > > be able to flag console.log statements in JSLint.
      >
      > That is a great suggestion. Perhaps there could be an option that determines whether console, Debug, and Opera are predefined. You would turn it on for development, and off for deployment.
      >
      > Are there other useful development time globals?

    • Toby Maxwell-Lyte
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2009
        What about alert() ?

        2009/11/16 sks0001010 <simon.shepard@...>:

        > Hmmm, not that I can think of off the top of my head, those 3 are the only ones that get reused repeatedly for JS debugging in the different browsers.
        >
        > In another topic, I've been trying to use JSLint to validate HTML fragments, but the templating system being used relies on having files with backend blocks in it like <% print(someValue); %>
        > it would be awesome, if there was a switch for tags with different starting and ending delimeters that could be filtered out of the validation process, but I don't know whether this becomes a bit out of the scope of the software ;-)
        >

        > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Simon Kenyon Shepard wrote:
        >> > I was wondering whether there are any plans to bring in the option to
        >> > be able to flag console.log statements in JSLint.
        >>
        >> That is a great suggestion. Perhaps there could be an option that determines whether console, Debug, and Opera are predefined. You would turn it on for development, and off for deployment.
        >>
        >> Are there other useful development time globals?

        Toby Maxwell-Lyte
        07816 836300
        01443 449003