958Re: [jslint] Re: Maximum line lengths

  • Michael Newton
    Oct 2, 2009
      From: Michael Lorton <mlorton@...>
      >People who use systems limited to 80 characters don't need JSLint because they are living in 1987 and Javascript hasn't been invented yet.

      You've clearly never edited outside the comfort of your GUI! This is a problem for me when I SSH into a remote machine and have to use nano to look at code. (No, I'm not cool enough to use vi or emacs.) This seems like a useful option for some, obviously it would be disabled by default just like the strict whitespace option.