95Request: option to disable ['something'] is better written in dot notation.

  • saj14saj
    Jul 2 5:15 AM
      I understand and agree with the warning about dot notation in general.

      My use case for requesting a configuration option to disable it is this:

      I am parsing an object sent by a JSON source I don't control (its the
      JSON output from Domino's ?readviewentries URL command).

      Most of the property names are not legal in dot notation, such as

      x = row['@unid'];

      but a few of them are. For consistency of code, I reference all of the
      properties in the object with bracket notation, which leads to a host
      of warnings regarding the few properties that would be valid in dot
      notation.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic