81Re: scope bug? catch (e) "e already defined"

  • Re Miya
    Jun 16, 2008
      wrote:

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "wleingang" <wleingang@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi. Has anyone run into this before?
      > >
      > > try {
      > > this.var1 = "test";
      > > }catch (e) {}
      > >
      > > try {
      > > this.var2 = "test";
      > > }catch (e) {}
      > >

      > > On the second catch, JSLint thinks that e is already defined... even
      > > though from that scope there is no way it is already defined.
      Unless I
      > > don't understand this should be valid code right?
      >
      > There are scope definition problems with respect to catch in some
      > browsers. I recommend that you give each catch its own name (e1, e2)
      > to be safe.

      This is what I have done. Use different names for the events.

      However I have stuck into another problem:

      var test = function(){
      this.pub_function = function(){
      pvt_fn();
      }
      var pvt_fn = function(){
      // Code here

      JsLint reports pvt_fn as a global reference. Is this normal?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic