794Re: [jslint] Re: onbeforeunload not treated like onload or onunload

  • Arthur Blake
    Aug 10 9:20 AM
      Not true- it works in FF 1.5, 2, 3, 3.5, google chrome and safari and IE
      6,7,8
      This is one of those useful event handlers that the HTML spec never caught
      on with (of which there are many examples), but which you cannot do
      without in some circumstances! For example, an editor web app where you
      want to give the user a chance to save their changes before exiting, in case
      they accidently closed the window.