766Re: [jslint] JSLint using Spidermonkey

  • Arthur Blake
    Aug 1 7:04 AM
      I know this is getting a little off-topic, but I still think it's related
      and relevant to JSLint. With preliminary testing, using spidermonkey
      instead of Java 6 scripting (aka Rhino), I am seeing a speedup factor of
      about 20x. This is really significant, because I can compress a large file
      (using Dean Edwards packer) algorithm that previously took about 40 seconds,
      in about 2 seconds with spidermonkey! This allows the packer compressor to
      actually compress faster than the YUI compressor in some cases! I'll be
      updating the compressorater to use spidermonkey soon.