429Re: Line breaking errors

    Apr 16, 2009
      > What's the rationale behind issuing a line breaking error for code like this:
      > var x = somefunc(
      > param1,
      > param2
      > );
      > But not for code like this:
      > var x = {
      > property1: value1,
      > property2: value2
      > };
      > The error forces me to move the ");" one line up in the first case. That's counter-intuitive and doesn't read well. It does guard against the missing/extra comma error when adding more lines, but that should be the same for the two examples.

      I agree. So I have changed the way JSLint looks at line breaking. It is now specifically concerned with infix operators, comma, and semicolon, and is more forgiving of other cases.

      This was a fairly large change, so please let me know if you see cases where it is too loose or unreasonably strict.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic