383Bug: unintialized variable with name 'constructor' gives strange error

  • bertbelder
    Mar 4, 2009
      It seems that using a variable named "constructor" that is not declared (which in itself is wrong off course) always produces a strange error. The rhino version of JSLint even crashes when you make this mistake. It actually caused me not to use JSLint on my source until I had the time to locate the source of the problem by eliminating each line in the source one-by-one.

      Trying to lint this:
      constructor = 1;

      JSLint produces the error:
      Problem at line 1 character 15: a.push is not a function
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic