3073Re: Script Tag Descending From Fieldset

  • Owen
    Nov 17, 2012
      I am trying to analyze some code I've inherited which does this 20+ times. I can wrap each of them in divs if need be; that just seems like "busy work", however. Mostly I asked the question to learn the rationale behind the rule; knowing such makes it easier to follow going forward.

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Owen" <eclipsechasers2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > While using jslint on some html with inline script, I run into the following error:
      > > A '<script>' must be within '< body div frame head iframe p pre span >'.
      > > Jslint halts immediately when detecting this problem.
      > >
      > > A much abridged version of my html is:
      > > <head> … </head>
      > > <form>
      > > <fieldset>
      > > <legend> … </legend>
      > > <script> …
      > >
      > > This code does seem to be valid html.
      > > Is there any reason (standards, style, whatever) that jslint requires that script tags should not descend from fieldset tags in addition to the others which it permits?
      >

      > Why do you want to put a script in a fieldset?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic