3046RE: [jslint] Re: return statement flagged as syntax error

  • Rob Richardson
    Oct 5, 2012
      Tom,

      Thanks for the link. That was an incredibly cool video. Thoughts I
      particularly enjoyed:

      - "Optimize for perfection, not for cleverness"
      - "Programs need to communicate clearly with people"
      - "I'm not saying it isn't useful, I'm saying there isn't a case where it
      isn't confusing"
      - "Confusion must be avoided because confusion creates the condition which
      creates bugs"
      - "Clearly communicate intent"
      - "Forms that hide defects should be considered defects"

      By the way, you noted it was his opening quote that referenced JSHint, but
      it actually was the final comment in the video. (42:00) You might want to
      fix that bug. :D

      Rob