302[CLOSED] [Re: JSLint validation page has HTML issues

  • Fred Lorrain
    Nov 3 12:17 AM
      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lorrain" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok now I understand your answer.
      > > You said that type is not mandatory with <script>.
      > >
      > > It seems that now we should use type="application/javascript"
      > > and not anymore type="text/javascript"
      > >
      > > http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4329.txt
      > >
      > > So Ok to not add the type property to the <script> but the DOCTYPE is
      > > still missing.
      > I do not believe in DOCTYPE. Like much of the W3C stack, it is a
      > well-intentioned blunder.

      Application/javascript is not working with IE.
      I will them continue to use and to recommend type="text/javascript" in
      every <script>

      About DOCTYPE, all HTML validators want it. There is a huge impact on
      your page if you use it or not.
      I recommend to use the right one on every pages.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic