2898Re: [jslint] Re: Request for warning on TODOs

  • Michael S. Mikowski
    May 31, 2012
      If you are using web storm or perhaps other ide (like vim with syntax) its already highlighted. As much as I love jslint, I feel this is beyond its original intent and redundant with other tools. For the same reason I do not use jslint's style checking.

      $0.02 - mike

      douglascrockford <douglas@...> wrote:

      >--- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Luke Page <luke.a.page@...> wrote:
      >> Not sure if anyone has requested this before, but a common cause of
      >> bugs and even more often, maintainence issues, arise because a
      >> programmer thinks of a situation/bug and then writes a comment with
      >> TODO and then never addresses it.
      >>
      >> I would like it if this was a non-blocking warning in jslint - at the
      >> moment I have an extension that runs a regex to try and find them.
      >>
      >> What do you think? Is the use of comments with "TODO" in it a common
      >> enough coding pattern?
      >
      >If I do this, I will dictate the format of the TODO directive, and I will tolerate no whining about it. Is that agreeable?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic