2632Re: [jslint] Re: JSLint errors wiki?

  • Robert Ferney
    Sep 26, 2011
      If I am having to triage ( because I have more problems to fix than I
      have time), broken code has to take priority compared to something
      that does not break code.

      Objectively, something that does not break, has to be less important
      than something that does.. Just as someone that is bleeding out will
      get treated before someone that has simply broken their nose.. Not
      that it is not important to have both injuries treated.. but a broken
      nose is usually not life threatening..

      If there is a problem with my script that will cause it to not work,
      then I want to fix that right away..

      If it's something that will help with readability, for the developer
      that has to tackle the code next, ( even if that's me a week from now
      ) I still want to fix that, but that's secondary to having it work in
      the first place.

      If it's just a byte or two extra for file transfer reasons, I may not
      care much, especially if the minimizer will take care of it anyway.

      I still want to know *why* it's a problem.. So I can figure out if
      it's a case where my code is bleeding out on the table, or if it's
      just spilled water over it'self..

      - Robert Ferney