2610Re: Unexpected ' '.

  • Phil
    Sep 20, 2011
      I just ran a chunk of code I have not touched for awhile, that was passing all of the jslint tests. This time complained about a single unexpected ' '. In my case, that was a blank line that has a single space in it. Removing that extra space got rid of the error. Seems the parse has parser has been upgraded recently. The web page says "Edition 2011-09-16".
      Looks like the new version does not like lines that have only white space. I have NOT explored that. Just an assumption from the minimal test.

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "mocthadoohay" <mocthadoohay@...> wrote:
      > I've been working on a JS file for a week or so with frequent trips thru JSLint along the way. Today, I getting tons of errors that look like this:
      > Problem at line 243 character 62: Unexpected ' '.
      > The "Tolerate messy white space" option has no affect on this error. This is also not a "mixed tabs and spaces" error. Can anyone offer some insight into why this error is triggered and how to tolerate whatever problem it's picking up?
      > Thanks.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic