260CSS

    Oct 6, 2008
      I have added CSS2 support to JSLint. This was motivated by the
      security needs of ADsafe. Only by fully parsing the CSS content on a
      page can we be confident that the CSS does not contain hidden script.

      CSS, unlike JavaScript, does not appear to include a usefully
      sufficient "good parts" subset. The most common patterns necessarily
      go the other way, extending CSS with horrible, browser-specific
      workarounds.

      JSLint now has a 'css' option which will suppress some of the warnings
      that are generated by the use of these workarounds.

      I expect it will take a while to fully conform JSLint to the reality
      of CSS. Your patience is appreciated.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic