2581Re: [jslint] Re: Suggestion for whitespace exception when building an HTML string

  • Satyam
    Aug 23 11:50 PM
      You can also place the spaces doing the indentation within the string:

      ....'....<whatever>' +

      instead of:
      ........'<whatever>' +

      So much concatenating IS expensive, specially if within a function and
      done over and over again, instead of resolved once as if a constant, and
      used anywhere.

      You can also store HTML as HTML is a script tag with whatever type a
      browser would not recognize:

      <script type="text/x-template" id="whatever-template">
      label<input>
      </script>

      or, more compliant, you can store it within a div set with display:none,
      however, the HTML stored there must be valid while within a script it
      can be incomplete or contain placeholders for a template processor or
      whatever since, after all, it won't be parsed neither as HTML nor as
      anything else. If you know your segments to be valid, then this is
      quite an advantage