2264Re: option.type

  • spence.randall@ymail.com
    Jun 6, 2011
      > Has anyone tried the new type consistency checking?

      I gave it a try, and I was fully expecting to see a mass of errors, but was pleasantly surprised when I only had one.

      > Has anyone found it to be useful?

      In the case of the actual error it flagged, I'm not sure. It was a "value" parameter in a setStyle function that could either be a string or a number. If the property that was being set was opacity and the browser was determined to be IE, it multiplies the value by 100 to get the proper setting for the filter. In this case wrapping the calculation in String() appears to satisfy JSLint. Would this be the proper approach?

      -Randall
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic