2250Re: "Unsafe character" error on newlines

  • Rob
    Jun 3, 2011
      I wrote:
      > > Yesterday www.jslint.com processed my .js program and gave no
      > > errors. Today, on the same .js program, it seems to be giving an
      > > error at the end of each line, such as:
      > >
      > > Problem at line 1 character 18: Unsafe character.
      >
      > Important omitted detail: I am using Opera 11.11 for Windows.
      > JSLint worked for me yesterday on Opera. It seems to work fine
      > today on Chrome and Firefox.

      Another omitted detail: Here is a tiny program that recreates the
      problem for me.

      var truthyFunc = function () {
      return true;
      };

      On Opera I get an "Unsafe character" error on each line but the last
      one, which makes me think it's having trouble with newlines. It
      worked for me yesterday on Opera and seems to work fine today on
      Chrome and Firefox.

      --
      Rob LeGrand
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic