2195Re: option.unparam

  • Zhami
    May 6, 2011

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "Zhami" <stuart@> wrote:
      >
      > > I often include names for arguments that aren't used as a form of reminder/documentation (say, for callbacks that are being invoked by libraries that are not mine).
      > >
      > > Perhaps JSLint could allow for a pragma or directive within a function body that indicates that the named argument is intentionally not be used.
      >

      > If you want to suppress that report, set option.unparam to true.

      Douglas,

      I don't want to suppress that report for the entire file, as I believe this is yet another valuable warning you have added to JSLint.

      However, sometime the function is a callback and the unused param is left-wards of a param that I do use, and so must name the unused param to properly position.

      I did try turning off the report by an inline comment prior to the declaration of the function:

      /*jslint unparam: false */

      But that didn't work.

      I do think it would be useful to either be able to turn iteh reporting on and off around certain function, or to have a pragma *within* a function:

      /*jslint unparam: varname */

      which would let JSLint know that a named parameter is intentionally not used.

      Thanks for considering this.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic