      From: grahamj_42 [mailto:grahamj42@...]
      To: jslint_com@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:55:32 +0100
      Subject: Re: [jslint] Unexpected use of ++

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, Brant Gurganus <brant@...> wrote:

      > Besides what grahamj_42 indicated, citing a reference for a different
      > language doesn't make sense. If such a thing existed, cite K&R
      > JavaScript instead. However, even for C, K&R is a dated source that I've
      > seen encourage bad practices. However, that's a discussion for some
      > other list.

      And where did the JavaScript 'for' construct come from, if not from C?

      However, you missed the irony in my post. As anyone who has learned C finds this way of writing a loop natural, 'i++' is to be expected, and if JSLint doesn't like this perfectly unambiguous expression, it should criticise it in different terms.