167CDATA on Inline Scripts

  • Paul
    Aug 15, 2008
      Hey all,

      I currently have code that looks like the following:

      <script type="text/javascript">
      //<![CDATA[
      //]]>
      </script>

      Since I'm doing this in xhtml, my IDE likes that tag being there,
      otherwise it blows up on typical xml characters like [<]. However,
      JSLint is returning a statement such as the following:

      Error:

      Problem at line 33 character 7: Dangerous comment.

      //<![CDATA[

      Problem at line 46 character 7: Dangerous comment.

      //]]>

      Is there a better way to do this that I should be doing? Otherwise is
      there an option to allow this type of notation?

      Thanks for your time.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic