1660Re: The validator does not validate

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Dec 7, 2010
      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:

      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@" <abyssoft@> wrote:
      > I've always found, the fact that the validator's code fails to validate to be entertaining in strange and perverse way. And the fact that it is minified as a simple form of obfuscation, when minification is no longer needed given that most data pipes can handle the larger files.
      > some of the points it appears to fail
      > usage of eval usage of ++ and -- in some implementations
      > usage of "use strict";
      > while containing Strict violations
      > having Empty blocks
      > --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@" <abyssoft@> wrote:
      >
      > Quick clarification
      >
      > "without fudging" on points that Douglas vehemently says we should not use.

      changing line 5450 from
      predefined['eval'] =
      predefined[["e", "v", "a", "l"].join("")] =

      Fixes the need for evil : false
      No longer any strict violations in most recent upload of fulljslint.js

      8D

      Would still like to see usage of ^ regex operator removed from lines 953, 958, and 1033 as it is recommended against use,
      or at least rational for use in comment.

      Quick side question,

      document.defaultView === window //for the major Non IE browsers

      What is the equivalent for IE? as window is not defined when one picks browser : true
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic