1524Re: [jslint] Re: CSS linting bugs.

  • Tim Beadle
    Oct 12, 2010
      On 11 October 2010 19:34, Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR
      <austin.cheney@...> wrote:
      > That is dangerous. Unlike HTML 4.01, and below, CSS and JavaScript are both case sensitive. Every release of HTML after 4.01 is case sensitive with half exception to the unfinished HTML5. That said your code is not extensible or reusable outside your current architecture by any of your partners or your own organization.

      Austin,

      Thanks for the feedback. You're right in that case-sensitivity is an
      issue (something I hadn't considered for element names, though I
      already knew of the issue with regard to classes and IDs.
      http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/casesensitivity

      > I suggest this be kept in mind when you code fails to process in a partner's XHTML
      > 1.0 strict environment

      Since we're already using XHTML 1.0 Strict (albeit sent as text/html),
      and our CSS works, could it be that it's only when sending XHTML as
      application/xhtml+xml that this case-sensitivity is encountered?

      > and your code has to be rewritten from scratch after cost
      > decisions are written into your contracts.

      "Rewritten from scratch"? How about (for each HTML element
      name).replace(Lowercase replacement) ?

      Tim
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic