1469Re: [jslint] slice method appears slower in loops than incrementally listing array indexes

  • Marcel Duran
    Sep 4, 2010
      What if you use regular expression with String.replace, you have a list of
      index plus you can alter the source data. Ex:

      var re = /<style/gi,
      str = 'foobar<style foo>foobar</style>foobar<script
      bar>foobar</script><STYLE foo>foobar</STYLE>foobar',
      res = str.replace(re, function (match, index, source) {
      print(index); // 6 then 64
      return '*' + match + '*';
      });

      print(res); // foobar*<style* foo>foobar</style>foobar<script
      bar>foobar</script>*<STYLE* foo>foobar</STYLE>foobar

      Best,

      Marcel

      --
      Marcel Duran