1441Re: Unicode and JSLint

  • abyssoft@ymail.com
    Aug 23, 2010
      Mr. Crockford,

      I concede that I do see your point; but, at the same time is it not likely that without JSLint supporting in part some of the nearby Unicode blocks that it is unlikely to see them appear in use.
      I would think that initially: "Latin-1 Supplement", "Latin Extended-A", "Latin Extended-B", "Greek and Coptic", and "Cyrillic" would be good for initial expansion.
      I admit that my primary desire for usage of Unicode is a bit eccentric in that I was hoping to be able to use the "Letterlike Symbols" block for a math lib as these are useful for such. I will stick with ASCII for the time being and only use the other Unicode chars for strings and comments. Your opinion is one that I value highly.

      Sincerely,
      George W
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic