1353Re: Enhancement Request: Identifier length restriction

  • pauanyu
    Jul 3, 2010
      What about this (very) common construct:

      for (var i = 0; i < foo.length; i += 1) {}

      I agree that very short identifiers are generally a bad idea, but I also think there are a couple exceptions (like the above).

      --- In jslint_com@yahoogroups.com, "abyssoft@..." <abyssoft@...> wrote:
      > Reasoning
      > Identifiers of only 1 or 2 Characters can lead to errors in thought and poor readability of code. I have a preference for identifiers that consist of 3 or more characters and they are rarely that short.
      > An alternate enhancement is for support of single and double letter identifiers when listed in /*global*/.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic